Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Presentation

Within my presentation I hoped to give philosophical ideas and thoughts from past philosophers and combine them with my own in a calm cool and relatable way that would be suitable for not only my fellow students but any others. I attempted to use a story telling-like process and more familiar feel by telling a little bit about myself. I enjoyed this class and the other presentations which surprisingly, all seemed to have similar ideas to my own. I am interested to hear any additional thoughts on my presentation because I hope to slowly but surely master presenting in a similar manner. This class is filled with smart individuals with interesting thought processes and I'm delighted that we were lucky enough to have a professor who allowed us to learn with her as a guide instead of the typical rushed manner of memorization. We were given plenty of time to fully understand and get to know philosophers instead of a flurry of names, dates, and ideas. I am more than curious to see the projects of my peers and I hope to see you all on the last day of class.

3 comments:

  1. I liked your thoughts on how exactly people should be going back to "the cave" and how it isn't supposed to be an easy thing. The way you talked about the importance of not only the responsibility entailed in going back to the cave, but also the importance of being an inspirational guide to others in light of what has been learned. I liked how you stressed the importance of being down to earth-- that's something I look for in people, and something I strive to be as well.

    I'm less inspired by the guy with his head held too high-- I'd rather a backwards hat and a convo over some taco bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the way you used the board to explain your ideas. You would make a very good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about your presentation and what you've enjoyed about the class.

    ReplyDelete